Engineering good teamwork comes with time, effort and the right management structure. Setting the right environment for your team to flourish will reap bountiful results. So what is the key to this?
Our top tips for successful team building:
– The team needs to understand the goals of the task. So set the mission and purpose clearly so everyone understands. Clear expectations will allow for goals and outcomes to be achieved.
– Create an environment where everyone is comfortable to communicate and take action.
– Set the rules for communication. Advocate openness, honesty and respect.
– Help your team to trust each other by making them feel comfortable. Encourage everyone to ask questions, it will help clarity.
– Create a sense of belonging. If a team establishes their relationship guidelines then they will work together coherently and happily.
– Realise that everyone is unique and different, has a point of view and an opinion. Take advantage of the differences in your team, after all a team should be made up of a balance of different skills and it is these skills that will work together to create a pleasing final outcome to a project.
– Think about team building exercises and motivational events that will bond everyone together, a day at the races, a murder mystery night or a cocktail making session can all provide a relaxed environment that will allow conversation to flow and everyone to bond. Once the team have bonded and become friends outside of the office environment they will be more willing to help and nurture each other in the workplace.
– Choose a professional company who can design a strategy for this by setting tasks and games for them to play. Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the group and use other methods of team building to enhance and improve these.
Contact us NOW on 01425 629327 to find out how we can help you with an appropriate activity for your team needs.